9.13.2010

welcome...

...to my new blog!

This blog will be an outlet for me to showcase my upcoming journey - the good, the bad, the exciting and the, possibly, sad.

Following graduation this past June, I decided this next year of my life was the perfect opportunity to take some time to explore myself, but more importantly it was the perfect time to give back.

I've been incredibly blessed to have an unforgettable college experience, which has greatly prepared me to lead a rewarding life. Given that, I decided there was no better time than now to move abroad and, put simply, help people. I chose to be a part of an amazing program called Yahel Social Change. In just a couple short weeks, 5 individuals and I will be living together in Gedera, Israel to volunteer in the Ethiopian-Israeli community. Combining hands-on volunteer work with in-depth learning and immersion, we will be collaborating with a local community empowerment grassroots organization, Friends by Nature.

In these next few months, I'm looking forward to being challenged, being completely immersed in a new environment and culture, learning from my peers and exploring a whole new world. I'm going to take advantage of every second of this wonderful opportunity, and each and every morning when I wake up I will be sure to spend that day making a difference.

I am really looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you and I hope you decide to come along with me for the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment